DUO Network is a Singapore-based blockchain project initiated by FinBook Pte Ltd in 2017. We aim to reduce risks and barriers of digital derivatives trading inherited from traditional financial markets, creating a transparent and autonomous derivative marketplace. We all came from diverse backgrounds with extensive experience in trading, consulting, blockchain, information technology, and entrepreneurship.
DUO DEX is a decentralized platform based on 0x protocol enabling issuance, trading, and settlement of tokenized digital derivatives –Collateralized Autonomous Token (CAT), including products such as dual-class tokens, options, and structured products.
We aim to reduce risks and barriers in traditional derivative trading and create a transparent and autonomous derivative marketplace.
Collateralized Autonomous Token
Fully collateralized by crypto assets and each custodian smart contract issues 2 types of CATs with different payoff structures.
CATs can be created by depositing crypto assets to the custodian smart contract. Upon receiving the crypto assets, the contract will return to the sender 2 types of CATs with different payoff structures, which total value equals to the deposited assets.
Holders of CATs can withdraw deposited crypto assets at any time by performing a redemption. To do this, users will send 2 types of CATs at predetermined ratio to the custodian smart contract and receive the crypto assets with the same net value
Tokenized options make it much easier for even an ordinary investor to exploit opportunities across the volatility surfaces through long/short combinations of calls and puts. Based on our split mechanism, we can create a Call Option CAT and a Covered Call Option CAT by depositing call currency to custodian smart contract.
Further utilizing the collateral recycling framework, investors can get Call Option CAT & Call Spread CAT, Knock-in Option CAT & Knock-out Option CAT, and Call Option CAT & Binary Option CAT.
Elite members of DUO Network that are currently in Singapore or previously based in Singapore:
- Crypto Markets team is headed by Jerry Li. Jerry graduated from National University of Singapore (NUS) with Highest Distinction in Quantitative Finance.
- Tech Engineering team is directly led by CTO, Yizhou Cao. Yizhou graduated from NUS with Highest Distinction in Quantitative Finance and Statistics. His thesis formulated a comprehensive model in stochastic control framework for strategic transmission of costly information problem in a continuous time setting.
- Steven KOU - Questrom Professor in Management at Boston University
Professor Kou is the Director of Risk Management Institute and the Class of 62 Chair Professor at the National University of Singapore (NUS).
- Min DAI - Professor at National University of Singapore & Director of Center of Quantitative Finance
Professor Dai is the Director of Center of Quantitative Finance and Deputy Director of Risk Management
Institute at the National University of Singapore (NUS)
- Xi LI - Head of LD Capital Singapore
Li Xi holds a master degree from National University of Singapore in Computer Engineering. Prior to LD Capital, Mr. Li worked as a senior software engineer at Visa. He is highly experienced in value-driven blockchain investment.