Sonm is a decentralized fog computing platform, powered by the Ethereum blockchain
SONM provides a platform for real-world applications and worldwide computations, able to complete numerous tasks – from CGI rendering to scientific calculations and even gaming. It is a global decentralized marketplace that connects suppliers willing to share the idle computing power of their hardware such as servers, desktop PCs and laptops, and users willing to rent this power for their projects.
SONM provides a viable and cost-efficient alternative to cloud solutions and services by operating within a fog computing structure. This common resource pool helps us provide unlimited and optimized computing power on demand.
The SONM mission
- To create a global decentralized marketplace for computing power: open-source, free from ownership, and cheaper than centralized cloud providers.
- To provide both individuals and businesses for the ﬁrst time in history with the opportunity to use decentralized computing resources in whatever quantity they require.
- To enable individual owners of hardware to proﬁt from renting out computing resources.
- To create a viable alternative to the cloud computing giants that literally own the world right now.
- To create a platform for applications of a new type: applications of the future. These are decentralized applications, similar in architecture to microservices, viable for horizontal scaling and which can withstand the failure of individual nodes.
The SONM team is built of skilled professionals with a strong technical background. At present we have around 70 team members on board, and are actively hiring. Sonm offices are located all over the world, spreading the fog from east to west.